I have a problem. It’s called: I love BREAD! Which actually isn’t a bad thing especially when you’re following 80 Day Obsession because, guess what? You GET TO EAT BREAD! I never quite understood how eliminating CARBS from your diet is a good thing! (After all of my years interviewing the TOP registered dieticians and nutritionists in the country for work, one thing is certain: they all agree that eliminating major food groups is no bueno and certainly not a long-term solution. Period. End.)
The truth is, it’s all about the type of carbs you eat. So, yeah, Paula Deen’s pumpkin bread recipe with vegetable oil, cups of white sugar, and white flour isn’t good for you necessarily. BUT, that doesn’t mean there aren’t healthy versions of those amazing breads we do love! Like zucchini bread! Oh how I love it! But I wasn’t able to really eat because, you know, the whole white flour and white sugar thing wasn’t exactly healthy for me or getting me to my goals any faster.
But now, the Fixate cooking show has done zucchini bread a solid by giving it a healthy makeover! And the result is this delicious bread that my two little girls LOVE and is 110% HEALTHY for you! Oh, and it’s totally 80 Day Obsession approved! (My round 1 results from 80 Day Obsession are, below. And guess what? I ate zucchini bread while doing the program! And not just a little wee bite! But a BIG slice and still got results!) **Want to join my next private 80-day bootcamp? Click here to save your spot and I can show you EXACTLY what meal plan I followed, what recipes I used, and more to get my results!**
Wanna give it a try? Here’s the recipe! Let me know what you think!
Serves 20, 1 slice each
- 6 large egg whites (¾ cup)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin, organic coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2½ cups grated zucchini (about 1½ medium zucchini)
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly coat two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans with spray.
- Combine egg whites, oil, applesauce, sugar, and extract in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
- Fold in zucchini and walnuts; mix until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pans for 5 to 10 minutes, remove from pans and transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
- Slice into ten slices per loaf. Enjoy!
1 yellow 1 tsp. per slice