I’m into week 3 of 80 Day Obsession and the changes I am seeing in my body in just two weeks is BANANAS, y’all! I am down 1.5 inches on my booty and 1 inch on my waist and can feel the lean muscle building! (Oh, and did I mention I’m also down 5 lbs.?) This timed nutrition has been a total game changer for me. Not only am I eating WAY more food, but I also don’t have the desire to snack anymore. (Hello, grab a handful of Goldfish from my three year old’s bowl!) The 80 Day Obsession meal plans that me and my Fired Up Team have put together for every meal plan are, well, pretty fantastic! (Want to try one of my awesome team’s 80 Day Obsession meal plans? Click here to contact me!)
One of my meal plans incorporates this ridiculously delish recipe! I mean, come on, loaded sweet potato skins? Loaded potato skins are allowed on 80 Day Obsession and 21 Day Fix? YES! Who would’ve thought something this naughty would be allowed on a nutrition plan such as this? But the truth is, 80 Day Obsession is all about fueling your body with healthy foods jam packed with nutrients! And these loaded sweet potato skins are chockfull of amazing vitamins and nutrients!
It’s a great way addition to any lean protein and veggie meal! I use it as my meal option #3 in Plan C!!
Serves 6, 1 half each
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 5 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 Tbsp. FIXATE Taco Seasoning (see separate recipe for FIXATE Taco Seasoning)
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 6 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tsp. reduced-fat (2%) sour cream **i used nonfat Greek yogurt
- Chopped chives (for garnish; optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until fork tender. Cool until sweet potatoes can be handled.
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Place on paper towels to drain. Once cooled, crumble bacon. Set aside.
- Add chicken to same skillet. Season with salt and taco seasoning; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add spinach; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fully wilted. Set aside.
- Slice cooled sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out most of flesh with a spoon, leaving about ¼-inch of flesh attached to skin. **I use the inside of the sweet potato to make the Sweet Potato Chicken Wraps, which are 80 Day Obsession approved!
- Place sweet potato halves, skin-side up, on baking sheet. Lightly coat with spray. Bake for 15 minutes, or until skins are brown and crisp.
- Fill each sweet potato half with ¼ cup of chicken mixture. Top evenly with 1 Tbsp. cheese, and bacon. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish each sweet potato half evenly with 1 tsp. sour cream and chives (if desired); enjoy!
For a vegan version, substitute cauliflower taco “meat” for the chicken, vegan cheese sauce for the cheese, and vegan sour cream for the sour cream.
80 DAY OBSESSION NOTE:
To make this recipe 80 Day Obsession friendly, substitute turkey bacon for nitrate-free bacon.
1/2 yellow 1/2 green 1/2 blue 1 tsp.
FIXATE Taco Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. + 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2½ tsp. onion powder
- 2½ tsp. ground sweet smoked paprika
- 2½ tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper