So I started 80 Day Obsession earlier this week and let me tell you, I am eating SO MUCH FOOD! Like, all the food! I am LOVING the timed nutrition of 80 Day Obsession because not only are the workouts challenging my body in brand new ways, but the sheer amount of food I get to consume (and the GOOD stuff!) is just BANANAS! (Also, have you SEEN the 80 Day Obsession transformations coming out of the test group? OMGEE! If that’s not motivation then I don’t know what is!)
This recipe right here is one of the reasons I am absolutely falling in love with this nutrition plan. Though it can easily be used for 21 Day Fix, too, it’s a great 80 Day Obsession recipe because it fits PERFECTLY into the Meal 3 option in meal plan C of 80 Day Obsession! It’s a green, red, yellow, orange, and teaspoon all rolled into one–actually TWO!–delicious wraps! I was a bit skeptical about the sweet potato filling but this is quite possibly the most delicious wrap I have had! Like, some healthy cafe should start making and selling these on their menu STAT! They’re that good, y’all!
Even better: you can make a massive batch to have the WHOLE week! I made 8 wraps, which comes out to 4 days of meals!! These are ideal for everyone on the go: those who work in an office, those on the road, those at home with kiddos, who barely have time to eat at all! Just EASY!
(Plus, I had leftover basil dressing, which I saved to use as an orange container later on top of some baked fish!) Here’s the recipe, below!
Serves 4 (2 wraps each)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp. + 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- ½ tsp. + 1 dash ground black pepper, divided use
- 8 large collard green leaves
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potato (approx. 2 small)
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. melted ghee (organic grass-fed, if possible)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless **I cooked mine in my CrockPot with some chicken broth then shredded it
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (approx. 11⁄3 medium)
- ½ cup chopped tomato (approx. 1 medium)
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Place oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, basil, 1 dash salt, and 1 dash pepper in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove stem from each collard green leaf where it touches base of leaf. Pare down remaining stem with a vegetable peeler until it is flush with rest of leaf. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, ghee, remaining ½ tsp. salt and remaining ½ tsp. pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add chicken, bell peppers, tomato, and green onions; mix well.
- Lay out prepared collard leaves, dark green side down. Evenly top with (approx. 2⁄3 cup) sweet potato mixture. You may add 1 Tbsp. of dressing to each leaf, or reserve it to dip in later.
- Roll up each leaf like a burrito, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- When ready to serve, slice each wrap in half while still in plastic wrap; peel back plastic wrap and enjoy!
- To prepare sweet potatoes, pierce whole sweet potatoes multiple times with a fork and bake at 425º F for 40 minutes, or until soft to the center.
- Leftover wraps will keep in refrigerator, wrapped in plastic, for up to 5 days.
Portion Fix container breakdown per serving:
1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange, 1 tsp.