I love any meal that tastes amazing and is super easy to make! (Bonus if my two kiddos will eat it, too!) So when I saw this recipe for beef and broccoli, it looked too good to be true! (I found the recipe on Beachbody On Demand‘s blog! If you don’t have what’s considered the Netflix of fitness, you must try Beachbody On Demand! For as little as $2.50 a MONTH, you can stream more than $7,000 worth of workouts PLUS get access to hundreds of healthy recipes every week plus weekly meal plans and grocery lists! Join now by clicking here!)
There are minimal ingredients.
There’s minimal prep work.
The cook time was quick.
And it’s SO healthy for you!
And the flavors–simple but jam packed–are the perfect balance so there’s no need to use additional salt or other heavy seasonings or fats to make it taste better!
Plus, you get in a full serving of protein and veggies! I also served it atop brown rice but you can eat it without, too, for a low-carb meal!
Want the recipe? See, below, and let me know what you think!
4 servings, 1 cup each
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
6 Tbsp. water, divided use
2 Tbsp. corn starch, divided use
1 Tbsp. raw honey
1 lb. raw top sirloin beef, trimmed of fat and sliced into ½-inch thick pieces
1 tsp. coconut oil
4 cups broccoli florets
2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
1. Combine soy sauce, 4 Tbsp. water, 1 Tbsp. corn starch, and honey in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl; mix well. Add beef. Toss gently to coat.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
5. Add broccoli, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Place broccoli mixture in beef bowl.
6. Add soy sauce mixture to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, or until thickened.
7. Return beef and broccoli mixture to skillet; cook, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed and heated through.
21 Day Fix container breakdown:
1 green 1 red 1/2 yellow