I’ve been holding off for WAY too long in baking these beauties! These 21 Day Fix Vegan Orange Cherry Muffins are literally so flippin’ good, I have to control myself from eating more than one at a sitting. Seriously. I could eat about five of these muffins at once … they’re that delicious.
I found these on the Fixate cooking show on Beachbody On Demand, which, by the way, is amazing. No, really, amazing. I get 21 Day Fix-approved recipes delivered weekly to my Beachbody On Demand feed. And there literally has not been one yet that’s disappointed. Think I’m exaggerating? I’m not! I don’t know who they have over at Beachbody whipping up these recipes with Autumn Calabrese and Bobby Calabrese, but they’re fricken GOOD.
Don’t believe me? Don’t take my word for it then! Give them a try for yourself! You’ll see: they’re addictive little buggers!
Serves 12 (1 muffin = 1 serving)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose, gluten-free flour, sifted *I used regular flour so mine were not vegan
- 1/2 cup almond flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter *I used almond butter because my daughter has a peanut allergy
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (approx. juice from 1-2 medium oranges)
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 cup thickly sliced banana, very ripe (approx. 1 large banana)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 chopped cherries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, walnuts, and salt in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Place oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, orange peel, orange juice, ground flaxseed, banana, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth; approx. 30 seconds.
- Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; mix until just moistened. Do not overmix.
- Add cherries; fold until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (One-quarter cup batter should fill each cup about three-quarters full.)
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan and cooling completely on a rack.
21 Day Fix Container breakdown:
1/2 purple, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, 1 1/2 teaspoons