I have been obsessed lately with making “bowls.” The Quinoa Tabouli Bowl and the Chicken & Broccoli Slaw Grain Bowl. And as soon as I was having a hankering for a new bowl, the Fixate cooking show on Beachbody On Demand comes out with a new one! (Man, I LOVE that cooking show! The food they create is just AMAZE-BALLS!!) This Pineapple Fried Rice Bowl is the latest and greatest from the Fixate cooking show and it does NOT disappoint! In fact, this one may be my most favorite of the bowls I have tried! Seriously! It’s that good that I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and maybe even a snack in between!
The best part–besides the fact that it’s 21 Day Fix approved and healthy as all get out!!–is that it’s super easy to cook this up in three batches so you have a lunch to reheat (or not–I actually liked it cold, too!) for work or at home or when you’re traveling in the car or sitting at your kid’s soccer game, whatever! It’s that easy!!
Give it a try! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped raw peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup cubed pineapple ¼ cup broccoli and carrots
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten **I used two eggs so I could get a full protein serving
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh basil (for garnish; optional)
- Combine fish sauce, broth, coconut sugar, curry powder, and cornstarch; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, peanuts, and green onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add pineapple, broccoli, and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until pineapple is beginning to caramelize around the edges.
- Push ingredients to sides of skillet. Add egg to middle; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until scrambled. Push to sides of pan.
- Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until all ingredients are nearly dry.
- Place in serving bowl; garnish with basil (if desired) and enjoy!
NOTE: To make this recipe a little more protein-rich, you can add 1 Red container of cooked chicken breast at the same time you add the rice.
21 Day Fix container breakdown:
1/2 green 1/2 purple 1/2 red (if you only use one egg) 1 yellow 1/2 orange 2 tsp.