**Want to get every Beachbody workout for $8 per MONTH?! From now until the end of February you can!! Click here for more details on how!**
I’ve been obsessing over “bowls” lately. I mean, they’re EVERYWHERE. Every time I log onto social media, I swear there’s a “bowl” of some sort from Tasty or Delish or Cooking Light, and every time I see the photo or video I instantly want to make said “bowl” because it looks that good. However, sooo many of them are FULL of saturated fat, sodium, and–let’s be honest–portions the size of Montana. And if we know anything from 21 Day Fix, we know that eating clean isn’t enough to lose weight and stay healthy–it needs to be eating clean and in the PROPER portion sizes! That’s the golden ticket :).
So when Autumn Calabrese and her brother, Bobby Calabrese, debuted this Quinoa Tabouli Bowl on the Fixate cooking show on Beachbody On Demand, I was all over it like white on rice! I mean, you know it’s not only going to be healthy but that it will also taste DELISH! And it did not disappoint! It was the perfect lunch for me and was chock full of veggies and hearty grains and lean protein, all of which are super important to building strong, lean muscles, which is a huge goal of mine on the regular!
I did make a couple of tweaks, though, which I will note in the recipe simply because I don’t love certain flavors (ahem, mint) but I guarantee if you leave the mint in it will taste just as amazing!
Take a peek and let me know what you think!
**And if you want to join my upcoming challenge where you’ll get weekly, family-friendly 21 Day Fix meal plans, recipes just like this one, support and accountability in a private setting, and one-on-one coaching from me, click here to join!! :)**
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion (approx. ½ medium onion)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato (approx. ½ medium tomato)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cucumber (approx. ½ medium cucumber)
- ¾ cup cooked chopped chicken breast, boneless, skinless *I poached a chicken breast then shredded it but you can also cook it in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low with some organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint *I ommitted the mint because I don’t care for the flavor but definitely add it if you do like it!
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional) *I like things a bit garlicky so I added garlic powder to the recipe
- 1-2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar (optional) *I also like things a bit vinegar-y so I added a tad balsamic to it
Combine quinoa, onion, tomato, cucumber, chicken, salt, oil, lemon juice, mint, and parsley in a large bowl; toss gently to blend.
21 Day Fix container breakdown:
1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 tsp.