Oh how I LOVE me some sweet potatoes! But oh boring they can get if you’re having them baked or mashed every day. The thing is: these beauties are one of the BEST carbs for you! Considered one of the healthiest foods in the world, sweet potatoes are chock-full of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene) plus, they’re also a great source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. And did I mention they’re an unbelievable source of fiber, niacin, vitamin B1 and B2, and potassium?? Um, yeah, super food they are.
So how do you spice up your sweet potatoes without 1) frying them (because, hey, fried sweet potato fries with a maple syrup dipping sauce are just naughty goodness BUT they ain’t helping your waistline) and 2) them tasting like dried up bits of potato.
Well, you’re in luck because this mama has found a KILLER clean eating recipe that’s not only healthy but also tastes AMAZING! It’s sweet. It’s salty. It’s DELICIOUS!
I can’t 100% say they’re 21 Day Fix approved BUT, I’m going to give you the container breakdown if you want to give it a whirl!
Serves 6, one stack is one serving
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper
- 3-5 large sweet potatoes or yams, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together butter, coconut oil, parmesan, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Layer potatoes slices into muffin pan and fill to the top. They will shrink down once they are cooking.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes and edges and tops are golden brown and center in tender.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and carefully remove with a spoon. Place on serving tray and top with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped fresh rosemary. Serve immediately.
21 Day Fix container breakdown per serving:
1 yellow, 1 tsp.