YUM! YUM! YUM! That’s all I have to say about this chicken! I never thought you could have buttery, crusted anything while eating clean. Guess what? YOU CAN!
Better yet, the leftovers made a mean chicken sandwich! SO good! Oh, and did I mention my one- and four-year-old littles gibbled up the chicken, too? Score for, Mom!
This almond-crusted chicken is courtesy of the new Hammer & Chisel program, which is AMAZE BALLS. It is the brainchild of celebrity trainers Autumn Calabrese (creator of 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme) and Sagi Kalev (creator of Body Beast). It has strength training, it has cardio, it has both together, it has innovative training, it has an awesome meal plan. But best of all–it gets you kick-ass results.
Here’s the recipe with the 21 Day Fix container breakdown, below:
- 6 (4-oz) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. Hold it flat with the palm of one hand and, with a chef’s knife in the other hand, carefully slice it in half horizontally (parallel to the cutting board). Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet or tenderizer until 1/4 inch thick (or about twice the original size). Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine egg and water in a shallow dish; whisk to blend.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture; dredge in almond flour mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Place skillet in oven; bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest pat of each breast reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While chicken is baking, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add vegetables, cook stirring frequently for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Serve chicken with vegetables.
21 Day Fix container breakdown per serving:
1 green, 1 red, 1/2 orange, 1 tsp.