Summer is upon us–as in, SIX weeks!! If you need to get in shape, let me know, I can help!–and that means not only fresh veggies from fruit stands but it also means fresh berries! Ahh, I’ve been waiting all winter for fresh berries! And, if you’re anything like me, you love a sweet berry pie or, better yet, a berry cobbler dessert.
The only problem: berry cobblers are high in fat (hello, butter!) and sugar, which also means consuming a slice of cobbler won’t get you any closer to that bathing suit you bought for days at the pool.
But there’s good news! You CAN have your dessert and eat it, too! I found this awesome recipe on From Forks to Fitness and it is SO good! And it’s 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme approved, which also means it’s 100% CLEAN eating! Wahoo!
Here’s the recipe and 21 Day Fix container breakdown, below:
UPDATE: Join my Healthy New Year challenge group! All you need is a Beachbody program of your choice to follow and me as your coach along the way! Click here to join and let’s kick off 2016 with some awesome health and fitness resolutions!
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup berries of choice (I used mixed berries)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 2 tsp. peanut butter
- Honey to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl, mash banana and combine with honey and peanut butter. Add oats and stir until fully incorporated.
- Drop berries in bottom of jar and pour banana mixture on top.
- Place uncovered jar in center of rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make it more decadent, whip up some nonfat Greek yogurt with a teeny but of honey and vanilla extract and top cobbler. SO GOOD!
21 Day Fix container breakdown:
1.5 Purple, 1 Yellow, 2 tsp., honey allowance