I’ve heard about the so-called benefits of drinking warm lemon water every day. But I hadn’t tried it yet myself. Starting tomorrow, I’m going to give it a shot after reading this post on the benefits of drinking it. Here’s a sampling of all the great things you can reap from drinking warm lemon water courtesy of this post from Complete Health & Happiness:
- Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
- Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
- Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.